When talking about how to play poker, you’ve heard something like “tight is right” so that you can get some support. Experienced players prefer a tight style that is extremely difficult to defeat if played properly, while the first players often play tight (which means narrowing the hand range) it will be advised to try. Knowing how to defeat tight players will greatly affect the outcome. You will have to follow the online poker tips in this matter.
What is “tight poker”?
Before learning how to defeat tight players, first you need to learn what “tight poker” is. As mentioned earlier, playing tightly often means players themselves, such as careful selection of starting hands. However, many tight players interweave raise and three beds with weak hands such as Connector, pairs, strong A and K, and strong suited connectors such as QJ and JT.
- The nice part of this style is that the action after the flop is often simple, because it’s easier to understand where you stand, it’s easier to play than loose style.
- If you only play a strong hand with a preflop, you can easily decide whether you have the best hand even in the latter street.
- The first step in learning about how to play a tight player is to determine whether they are aggressive or passive in preflop, and what tendency to use the play style in the second half of the street.
- Thankfully, careful observation is not so difficult.
- Passive players only raise and bet when the hole card is strong, but tend to call if they are involved in the board somehow.
Once you regard someone as tight aggressive or tight passive, let’s get ready to overthrow them.
To defeat a tight player
- It is said that in poker you should play with the play style opposite to your opponent.
- If someone is a loose aggressive style, it is right to narrow down the hand range and play it tight.
- With this in mind, if you are against a tight player, you extend the hand range and play.
- What are the strengths of tight players – such as playing premium hands with preflops – in play after the flop.
- Flops like this are far from the opening range of the tight players, and there is considerable room for pot stealing with raises and check raises.
- Likewise, if you regard someone as tight aggressive, flop sets, including high cards, will produce very profitable.
Tight passive style tight players are very easy to read so they cannot win much. A tight player generally plays a bet or raises only when he has a good hand, and when he / she is involved in a board, he makes a check call, otherwise he does a check fold.